Education 12.05.17 Minutes

Attending:

Martina Bode, Anthony Marino, Michael Scott, Annie Armstrong, Ernie Duran, Elizabeth Romero, Alana Steffen, Judith De Long, Clare Ardizzone, Marieke Schoen, Mike Kamowski, John Fyfe, Nathan Phillips

  • Subcommittees
    • LMS Governance Board
      • Noted that a graduate student who could act as a consultant to the LMS board as a research project has been identified
    • Instructional Technology
      • Noted that this will be discussed at the next ITGC Chairs meeting
  • Learning Technology Support Metrics
    • Printing
      • The November report was shared and some of the metrics were gone over
      • Outliers that are pulling down response times are being investigated
      • Discussion on how resolution times are calculated and related issues
      • Noted that the ongoing problem with the Pharos printing system has been resolved and printing incidents have significantly decreased
  • TLC Assessment
    • Recent Events
      • Mentioned that the committee met with the provost and handed off the recommendations
      • Noted that a decision is expected soon
      • Suggested that the TLC may be expanded
    • Light Board
      • Mentioned that a former TLC project for the Light Board is now set up and an opening ceremony will be held in late January
      • A link will be sent to the committee
      • A brief overview of the project was given
  • Old Business
    • Printing
      • The proposal for a printing subcommittee was filled out, but did not receive volunteers for members
      • The committee was asked if anyone would like to join
      • Noted that it is fine to have non-committee members on the subcommittee
      • Suggested that the subcommittee will work on a project for the spring semester, but that this will be ongoing
      • Suggested that this subcommittee could also offer an opportunity for encouraging faculty to use instructional technology to require less printing in their courses
      • Discussion on the potential name ofr the subcommittee
      • Suggested that this is an opportunity to improve the student experience by providing resources to faculty
      • The charge will be edited using the committee’s suggestions
      • Suggested that the goal is to consider central printing, while the other ITGC committee might consider departmental printing, etc.
      • Further discussion of scope and charge of the subcommittee
      • Emphasized that the subcommittee should research educations benefits or costs of not printing materials, and also consider the level of benefit of reducing printing
      • Suggested adding a targeted timeline to the charge
    • Blackboard
      • Mentioned that Blackboard will be upgraded in January to update inline grading
      • Blackboard will now integrate with Box
      • Communications will go out to the campus
      • Discussion of current grading in Blackboard
      • Noted that the new system can now be tested if members are interested
  • New Business
    • LMS
      • An LMS being considered by the ITGC Admin Committee was asked about
      • Noted that this system is for employee training rather than student use
      • Noted that it is being considered at the system level rather than at UIC

Education 11.07.17 Minutes

Attending:

Judith De Jong; Clare Ardizzone; Tim Sullivan; Elizabeth Romero; Anthony Marino; Joe Iosbaker; Michael Scott; Mike Kamowski; Marieke Schoen; John Fyfe; Annie Armstrong; Janette Maldonado; Ernie Duran; Alana Steffen; Cathleen Bimmerle; Michael Siciliano; Heather O’Leary

  • Sustainability Initiative on Printing Reduction
    • Overview of Current Printing Service
      • Mentioned that there is a central student printing service called “U-Print”
      • Suggested that the trend of increased printing each year is not sustainable and does not line up with cloud technology
      • Mentioned that there have been issues with the printing service which ACCC has addressed
      • Noted that the printing program Ink is being piloted this year with hope of expansion
    • Sustainability
      • Noted that the university is working on the climate commitments project which includes efforts to reduce waste, use less energy, etc.
      • Suggested that the university recycles about 45% of 800 tons of waste, that most of the waste comes from paper, and that the best way to encourage recycling is to make it easy to do so
      • The Office of Sustainability joined the Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education in working to change recycling behavior
      • An evaluation of behaviors was shared and suggested that the next step is creating a survey to identify barriers for student printing
      • Some methods for identifying barriers and reducing printing in Facilities were outlined
    • Discussion
      • Suggested that if ACCC went ahead with the Ink printing system, printing quota and fees may be changed
      • Suggested encouraging faculty and students to use more electronic systems rather than printing
      • Discussion of in-quote printing and associated costs using U-Print vs. Ink
      • Suggested that decreasing printing would save the university money
      • Discussion on best places to cut down on printing
      • Clarity on the role of the committee in this effort was questioned
      • Suggested that there is a request to form a subcommittee to work on this project and determine the best way to identify barriers
      • Discussion of Ink survey sent out by ACCC
      • Further discussion of the importance of paper in learning and costs/benefits of paper and electronic options
      • Suggested that the goal of the committee could be to reduce printing
      • A subcommittee form will be filled out and brought back to the committee for review
      • Requested that more information be shared from the Office of Sustainability and ACCC
  • Learning Technologies Support Metrics
    • Discussion
      • The LTS CIO/Governance Dashboard was shared with Support KPIs per service
      • Noted that the spreadsheet is available for committee members to view
      • Discussion of response time, SLAs, and recurring faculty problems
  •  Subcommittees
    • LMS Governance Board
      • Suggested that the new Blackboard update will allow for inline grading
      • Noted that Box.com will also be integrated into Blackboard
      • Suggested that available training opportunities are being sent out to Blackboard instructors every Monday
      • The committee was asked if they would like a presentation on the preparation for testing Ultra
    • Instructional Technology (Request Forms)
      • The state of the subcommittee was presented on
      • The most recent version of the submission survey was shared
      • The Techstarter Process at Iowa was gone over
      • Suggested that the subcommittee is requesting clarity on a funding model before moving ahead with launching a pilot of process
      • Suggested that there must be an incentive in submitting proposals
      • Discussion on how to get buy-in from upper administration
      • Suggested bringing this to the committee Chairs meeting
  • TLC Assessment
    • Updates
      • Mentioned that a survey had gone out to the teaching scholars, deans, and department heads and there was a high response rate
      • Suggested that there was not much approval of the mission
      • Report is being finalized and will be presented to the provost soon
  • Old Business
    • Wait Listing
      • Mentioned the committee’s request to look at wait listing for course registration and noted that it will be evaluated in 2018

Education 10.03.17 Minutes

Attending:

Michael Scott, Heather O’Leary, Judith De Jong, Ernie Duran, Cathy Bimmerle, Martina Bode, Alana Steffen, Michael Siciliano, Claire Ardizzone, Marieke Schoen, Annie Armstrong, Nate Phillips, Elizabeth Romero, Jon Art, Julie Fisher

  • Subcommittees
    • LMS Governance Boards
      • The LTS Support KPIs were shared
      • Suggested that the LTS will be using these statistics to improve support at the start of future semesters
      • Resolution rates for different problem levels were gone over
      • Suggested that the board searched other tools being used by faculty in addition to Blackboard
      • Suggested that Blackboard is making many changes that may address current issues
      • UIC’s Blackboard Learn Roadmap was shared
      • Mentioned that Ultra will soon be available in the cloud
      • Noted that UIC has choice in staying in the original version in the cloud or moving to Ultra
      • Suggested that Blackboard will continue to maintain both versions, but will have to choose a path to take over the next year
      • Suggested that a presentation on what the SaaS upgrade will look like can take place in the future
    • Instructional Technology
      • Working to determine next steps
  • TLC Assessment
    • Improving TLC
      • Noted that the TLC had been put on hold over the summer and that now there is a committee assessing what they have done and how they can improve
      • The committee has sent surveys to teaching scholars and unit heads to get feedback
      • Discussion of evidence that the center has had an impact, performance measures for judging the success of the TLC, and how they may have impacted student success
  • IT Governance Assessment
    • Analysis and Recommendations
      • The ITGC Analysis and Recommendations Executive Summary was presented
      • The committee went over the findings point by point
  • New Business
    • Wait Listing
      • Suggested that faculty has been asking about the ability to waitlist student for classes in Banner
      • Asked that this be brought to the Administration Committee
    • TechTeach
      • Mentioned that the TechTeach Conference has been put on hold
      • Suggested that the conference could be opened up if it were not focused solely on technology, but teaching in general
      • Discussion on how this might be considered in the TLC assessment
  • UIC IT Strategy
    • Priorities
      • Noted that a UIC IT Strategy draft has been created
      • Noted that the Research Committee has been working on a strategic priority for teaching and research
      • Committee members will meet with Research Committee to further discuss
      • Work will begin on the ITGC assessment recommendations once strategy is set

Education 09.05.17 Minutes

Attending:

Michael Scott, Tim Sullivan, Michael Siciliano, Mike Kamowski, Kelly Block, Anthony Marino, Elizabeth Romero, Jon Art, Marieke Schoen, Nathan Phillips, Martina Bode, Anne Armstrong, John Fyfe, Valerie Prater, Janette Maldonado, Alana Steffen, Clare Ardizzone, Heather O’Leary

  • Subcommittees
    • LMS Governance Board
      • Had a successful upgrade over the summer
      • The LMS August report was presented
      • Noted that the LTS group within ACCC has merged with parts of User Services to create a new “Service Experience” group in charge of community engagement and support services
      • The evaluation of LMS on campus was mentioned
      • The LMS governance board had been formed to determine the best LMS solution for UIC
      • Service and support has improved with Blackboard
      • Noted that the LMS board had two major concerns: student accessibility on a mobile app and working with the Innovation Center to evaluate Blackboard, which was not possible
      • Mentioned the need to consider the cost of the LMS
      • The Innovation Center will be asked what other resources may be available
      • Noted that the main concern is whether to remain with Blackboard or change to another LMS
      • Discussion on what the LMS board has done so far to evaluate Blackboard
      • Suggested that is UIC decided to switch multiple platforms, support would have to be determined
      • A document on current use had been shared with the committee as a part of determining evaluation criteria
      • Suggested looking at other institutions’ switch from Blackboard to Canvas to see how the transition went for them
    • Personal Computing Devices
      • Student Engagement Systems did an evaluation of products, proposed a pilot of Poll Everywhere
      • Echo360 upgraded their platform to include student engagement
      • A proposal was put together to activate mobile devices for use in the classroom
      • The proposal was approved by the Council and was sent to the provost, funding has not been provided
    • Instructional Technology
      • Noted that the head of this subcommittee is no longer at UIC
      • There will be a meeting to discuss the idea of a technology request form
  • Goals for the Year
    • Current Projects
      • Noted that it is still unclear what the role of the ITGC is, but there are projects that the committee can accomplish
  • TLC Assessment Update
    • Future of the TLC
      • Noted that a group was charged with assessing the role of the TLC and will report back to the committee on the process
      • Suggested that the TLC should more strongly support the student success initiative
      • There are three groups: one charged with looking at the website, another charged with meeting with Student Affairs, and one charged with a survey going out to those who had participated in the teaching scholars’ programs
      • Noted that there had originally been CETL which gave out grants
      • Noted that the Education Committee created the proposal that brought about the TLC
      • Suggested that the goal of the assessment is to create a brief report that will help determine the future of the TLC
  • UIC IT Strategy
    • Leadership within UIC and ITGC
      • An IT Strategy document was shared with the committee
      • Noted that an assessment of ITGC was conducted last year and recommendations were made on how to improve it
      • Noted that IT professionals at UIC participated in the MOR IT Leadership Conference
      • Noted that another workshop was held later in the summer to determine how IT can support the four strategic priorities of UIC
      • Mentioned that the IT Strategy document was shared with the CIO who requested a strategic IT priority for faculty and research be added
      • The committee was asked for help in creating this
      • Suggested that members from the Education and Research committees work together to work on this priority
      • The document will be sent to the committees for further review and, once approved, will go to the Council for final approval
  • Old Business
    • ITGC Assessment
      • The ITGC Assessment executive report done at the end of last year was shared
      • Suggested that once the IT Strategic document was finalized, it will provide guidance for the purpose and mandate of the ITGC
    • ITGC Coordinator
      • Noted that there had been a search for a new ITGC Coordinator, but ACCC decided to reorganize and shift job responsibilities around instead
    • Meeting Time and Catering
      • Committee agreed to continue meeting at the current time

Education 05.02.17 Minutes

Attending:

Michael Scott, Val Prater, Anthony Marino, Nathan Phillips, Saul Weiner, Marieke Schoen, John Fyfe, Martina Bode, Elizabeth Romero, Janette Maldonado, Ernie Duran, Mike Kamowski, Julie Fisher, Sandy De Groote, Susan Altfeld, Alana Steffen,  Kim Richards, Michael Siciliano, Heather O’Leary

  • Faculty Profiling Tools
    • Presentation
      • Noted that there is a task force on campus looking into faculty profiling tools
      • Noted that there are a few existing tools on campus, but not campus-wide
      • Looking for one tool that can meet all needs
      • Discussion of needs
      • Noted that the task force was formed by the dean’s council
      • Discussion of how data can be entered into various tools and the ability to generate resumes
      • Discussion of how to integrate with existing websites
  • Subcommittee Reports
    • LMS Governance Board
      • The LTS key performance indicators were shared and their data was gone over
      • Noted that the KPIs help to set benchmarks for responding to tickets
      • Noted that the Blackboard upgrade is coming up and will include new features
      • Training will be made available and a preview is available
      • Concern was expressed about the timeline, and it was noted that the timeline was approved by the LMS board
      • Noted that, in the future, major upgrade timelines will be shared sooner
      • Changes with the coming upgrade were gone over
      • A presentation on patterns of Blackboard use was shared
      • Discussion of class profiles and varied use of tools in Blackboard
      • Discussion of other options for analytics and what the data could be used for
    • Instructional Technology
      • Suggested that this subcommittee was created to form a platform to receive and get suggestions for instructional technology at UIC
  • Standing Reports
    • TLC
      • The light board project was mentioned
      • Other projects being worked on my teaching scholars were detailed
  • New Business
    • Summer Break
      • Next meeting will be in September

Education 03.07.17 Minutes

Attending:

Elizabeth Romero, Anthony Marino, Ernie Duran, Mike Kamowski, Martina Bode, Kim Richards, Michael Scott, Tim Sullivan, Susan Altfeld, Nate Phillips, Jon Art, John Fyfe, Alana Steffen, Marieke Schoen, Janette Maldonado, Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Michael Hites, Julie Fisher

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • LMS Board
      • Suggested that some information on who is using Blackboard and what they use it for was put together
      • Suggested that other issues must be considered when looking at LMS
      • The board is looking at best options when considering whether to renew Blackboard
      • Noted that the Blackboard Learn contract’s timeline should be considered
      • Whether the LMS Board would like to bring options to ITGC Education for consideration was questioned
      • Discussion of how feedback and statistics have been gathered
      • Further discussion of how the LMS is being used on campus
      • Discussion of how to determine what the problem is and the best way to solve it
      • Whether there is a bigger question of if UIC should have an LMS board at all was questioned
      • Suggested that if a new LMS system is selected, the RFP process would have to begin now
      • Suggested that a new system could not be brought in without campus-wide support
      • Mentioned that the committee should consider its role in making a decision based on LMS board’s recommendations
      • Discussion of how to determine the problems around the LMS
      • Suggested that the committee make this a priority
      • The LMS Board was asked to report back to the committee with a list of concerns/questions that they would like the committee to address
      • Noted that a report will be shared before the next meeting and will be presented on
      • Suggested to include project management to create a timeline that fits the RFP process
      • Whether the faculty senate has been consulted/informed was questioned
      • Patterns of Blackboard Tool Use was presented on
      • Discussion of how Blackboard is used in different ways and why the difference exists
    • Instructional Technology
      • Josh Naylor left UIC and this proposal needs to be reconsidered
      • All existing information on the subcommittee will be considered when moving forward
      • Suggested expanding the scope to technology
  • Standing Reports
    • TLC
      • Wrapping up last of workshops and conversations
      • The advisory board had a meeting in which funding was discussed
      • Noted that the Provost will commit some annual funding
  • Old Business
    • ITGC Assessment
      • The final report was received, but due to formatting issues an updated version is in the process
      • The report will be shared with the ITGC committees
    • ITGC Coordinator
      • Position has not yet been filled
  • New Business
    • Student Portal
      • Student version of the portal will be released before summer
      • Noted that the portal was redesigned with student input
      • Next step is to redesign the faculty/staff perspective
      • A demo of the student portal will be given in the future

Education 02.02.17 Minutes

Attending:

Val Prater, Michael Siciliano, Anthony Marino, Mike Kamowski, Josh Naylor, Elizabeth Romero, Kim Richards, Ernie Duran, Martina Bode, Julie Fisher, John Fyfe, Marieke Schoen, Nate Phillips, Alana Steffen, Annie Armstrong, Saul Weiner, Michael Scott, Jon Art, Susan Altfeld, Heather O’Leary

 

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • Personal Computing Devices
      • The ITGC proposals were tabled by the Council in December and will be revisited
      • Suggested looking outside of UIC to fund the grants
      • Discussion of other avenues for funding
      • Suggested that the subcommittee regroup and research what options are available
    • LMS Governance Board
      • A report of LTS support from January was gone over
      • Suggested that LTS is now tracking KPIs by service
      • The services as well as stats for tickets created and resolved were gone over
      • Noted that the report was shared with the LTS Board and they are working to improve reporting, the services themselves, and perception of the LTS
      • Discussion of how the metrics were selected and tracked as well as others that could be tracked
      • Noted that this is part of a larger incident management process being worked on by ACCC
      • Suggested coming back to the group with priorities
  • Standing Reports
    • TLC
      • Current cohort was gone over
      • Currently working on various projects
      • Noted that faculty workshops and conversations on various topics are occurring regularly
      • Suggested that workshops will start on the west campus next year
      • Suggested that the TLC is working with scholars to see what projects are possible with current support and how to improve support for the future
      • Noted that positive feedback from past participants has been reveiced
      • Noted that the TLC Advisory Board met and reviewed the annual report
      • Discussion on the objectives for the next year
      • Suggested that the TLC should have an instructional designer on staff
      • Discussion of which colleges have an instructional designers and how colleges without them manage their online courses
      • Suggested posting the annual report to the website
      • Discussion of how the TLC needs more resources and how the committee might help
  • Old Business
    • ITGC Assessment
      • A first draft of assessment findings has been provided
      • Committee still working on completing recommendations
      • Report will be shared with all ITGC committees
    • ITGC Coordinator Replacement
      • Position has been put on hold
  • New Business
    • UIC Library
      • An email with a survey from the library was went out
      • Members were asked to reply to help the library set priorities
    • Change in Chair
      • Noted that Valerie Prater is stepping down and Michael Scott is taking over
    • Student Digital Experience
      • Suggested that there was a session at ITPF in Urbana about the student experience
      • Suggested repeating this discussion with students at UIC

Education 12.06.16 Minutes

Attending:

Val Prater, Martina Bode, Ernie Duran, Michael Scott, Saul Weiner, Annie Armstrong, Marieke Schoen, Michael Siciliano, John Fyfe, Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Jon Art, Anthony Marino, Mike Kamowski, Alana Steffen, Kim Richards, Heather O’Leary, Michael Hites

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • Personal Computing Devices
      • Noted that the Mobile Learning Initiative grant proposal had been approved by the council last year, but not funded
      • Subcommittee plans to resubmit this year
      • Some updates to the proposal are being worked on and will be ready by December 7th to send to the council
      • Discussion of TLC involvement in the proposal
      • Motion to approve, no opposition voiced
    • LMS Board
      • The board reevaluated the data on student and faculty use of Blackboard and a spreadsheet with raw numbers is available in Box
      • It was suggested that, according to the data, many users did not know how to use Blackboard
      • Suggested that a number of things in Blackboard need to be updated
      • Discussion on analyzing Blackboard and the best way to move forward
      • Discussion of the non-standardization of Blackboard sites, how templates could be supplied, and faculty reaction
      • Noted that a major Blackboard security update has been pushed back
  • Standing Reports
    • TLC
      • 39 teaching scholars were selected to be matched with a mater teaching scholar as a mentor
      • Mentioned that course evaluations have gone out and are now closed
      • Reports will be released to faculty on December 15th
      • Noted that the TLC has been hosting a number of workshops and conversations
      • New resources now available on the website
  • Old Business
    • ACCC SLAs
      • Noted that a number of SLAs from ACCC have been asked to be reviewed by the committee
      • Members commented on a spreadsheet of each service
      • Suggested that there could be a number of different response times depending on the severity of a situation
      • Noted the difficulty of getting data out of the Request Tracker ticketing system
      • ACCC working to address this difficulty
      • Noted that resolution times are measurable, response times are not
      • Once data is available, response windows can be adjusted
      • Suggested to introduce a troubleshooting forum where users can look for help
      • More details on what each service is, what problems people may be encountering, and support available was asked for
      • Proposed having an experienced user “certification” showing one knows how to troubleshoot and get a faster response time
      • Suggested including a service status page as one troubleshooting step
      • Noted that there are services where ACCC is troubleshooting a problem but there are standard services where there is no problem
      • Suggested that there are “service requests” vs. “incidents”
      • Feedback will eventually be shared
    • ITGC Assessment
      • Last survey went out
      • Working on compiling all feedback into a report of recommendations
    • TechTeach
      • Noted that there were about 150 attendees
      • Feedback was very positive
      • Planning committee met afterwards to brainstorm ideas for increasing attendance
      • Suggested for future conferences to consider inviting outsiders to present sessions
      • Suggested to have more TLC involvement
      • Discussion of bringing in outside attendees as additional revenue stream
      • Further discussion of possible half-day conference
      • Suggested to hold hands-on working sessions in afternoon

Education 11.01.16 Minutes

Attending:

John Fyfe, Marieke Schoen, Nate Phillips, Jon Art, Val Prater, Elizabeth Romero, Martina Bode, Wendy Jeanes, Anthony Marino, Alana Steffen, Mike Kamowski, Julie Fisher, Tim Sullivan, Josh Naylor, Michael Hites, Michael Scott, Kim Richards, Heather O’Leary

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • Personal Computing Devices
      • Noted that there were a few proposals put forward last year and due to a change in leadership, they were not funded
      • Mention of sending one of the proposals forward again
      • Discussion of Innovation Center report and need for greater mobile technology
      • Suggested a possibly need for a group to vet grant submissions
      • Suggested concern was voiced on infrastructure needed for mobile proposal
      • Discussion on possible pilot to determine success and scale
      • Discussion on sending proposal forward again, resulting in committee agreeing to send it
      • IT Governance Council will meet in December to discuss proposals
    • LMS Board
      • Noted that next Blackboard update will be in December, during which time the program will be down
      • Noted that the LMS Board has expanded to include representatives from remote campuses, designers, and infrastructure
      • Discussion on compiling and reporting Blackboard feedback from the campus
      • Suggested to increase effort on educating faculty on what is available to them through Blackboard
      • Noted that there will be a Blackboard workshop in the TLC
    • Instructional Technology
      • Suggested that someone on campus requested a specific change to Qualtrics, and used the form as a model of how to do this
      • Mentioned concerns on Rate and Funding, noting that a report will be brought to the committee in December
  • Standing Reports
    • TLC
      • Information on upcoming workshops was shared
  • Old Business
    • ACCC SLAs
      • The services offered in ACCC’s SLAs were listed
      • The committee was asked for volunteers to review certain services and report back at the next meeting
    • Classroom Design Focus Group
      • Noted that the CLE will be holding a faculty focus group on classroom design

Education 09.06.16 Minutes

Attending:

Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Michael Hites, Tim Sullivan, Annie Armstrong, Val Prater, Sandy Yingling, John Fyfe, Anthony Marino, Elizabeth Romero, Josh Naylor, Wendy Jeanes, Marieke Schoen, Michael Scott, Mike Kamowski, Nate Phillips, Alana Steffen, Julie Fisher, Sharon Dyer, Jon Art, Mat Willis, Mark Goedert, Heather O’Leary

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • LMS Governance Board
      • It was noted that the LMSGB has approved a decision to archive courses up to 2013
      • Courses will be stored in order to remain compliant for the remainder of the contract with Blackboard
      • Suggested that members of the board will go out to each department to speak to faculty about Blackboard
      • Concern was voiced about the price of storage in Blackboard compared to market rate
    • Basic Principles
      • Suggested that the subcommittee began by putting together basic principles for teaching which have been posted to the TLC website and will be used in the TechTeach Conference
      • Noted that a meeting is scheduled with the TLC to discuss updating the site in the future
      • The LTS is working with the TLC
      • The history of TLC effort from the ITGC Education Committee was gone over
    • Instructional Technology
      • Noted that the TechStarter idea was presented to the InfraSec Committee over the summer
      • Work is being done to create rubrics with TechStarter from another institution
      • A summary of the TechStarter initiative was given
  • Standing Reports
    • TLC
      • The TLC has been set up on campus, separate from the Education Committee
      • An overview of the teaching scholars program was gone over
      • ACCC LTS will be offering workshops in partnership with the TLC in the future
  • Old Business
    • TechTeach
      • Noted that the TechTeach conference is coming up and proposals are due soon
      • Committee members were asked to encourage others to submit proposals
      • Noted that Alison Doubleday has been selected as the keynote speaker
    • ITGC Assessment
      • Suggested that there have been meetings with Health Affairs to determine how to include them within the ITGC
      • Noted that the survey results are being compiled to share with the committees
  • New Business
    • Preferred First Name
      • Suggested that the three student councils requested preferred first names
      • AITS developed an implementation plan
      • Since the soft launch in July, there have been about 4,00 name requests
      • Preferred names will be displayed in the directory, Banner, Blackboard, etc.
    • Class Scheduling
      • Noted that the class scheduling system is being replaced with a new application
    • ACCC SLAs
      • A presentation on Service Level Agreements coming out of ACCC was given
      • Maintenance windows posted on the ACCC website were also gone over
      • Since current SLAs are based on ACCC resources, these SLAs will be reviewed and adjusted based on feedback
      • The SLAs will be published to the ACCC service catalog
      • Concern was voiced about agreement and input from users
      • Suggested that there will be an ongoing discussion of the SLAs and the need for changes
      • Requested that the committee review these documents and send feedback
      • The results will be shared with the committee
      • Suggested to have this review done by March to be included in the campus budget process
    • CIO Updates
      • The Rate and Funding plan has been implemented
      • The new billing system has been set up to handle the new plan but there are issues that need to be addressed
      • Printing from off campus to on campus printers has been disabled using a VPN
      • A new dual authentication system is being set up for anyone trying to change their information in Nessie due to phishing attacks
      • The IAM project will be implemented at UIC in October
      • Discussion on how password changes will affect users
    • Student Digital Online Experience
      • A proposal will be submitted to get a group together to discuss the future of student digital online experience
      • Discussion on how the student experience could be improved