InfraSec 04.12.17 Minutes

Attending:

Frank Cervone, Phil Reiter, Lisa Blake, Jason Maslanka, Andre Pavkovic, Doug McCarthy, Mike Kirda, Matt Miller, Vinay Surpuriya, Ron Fernandez, Ian Huggins, Sandeep Dath, Ed Zawacki, Allen Randall, Jelene Crehan, Dean Dang, Ernesto Reyna, Kevin Price, Ashok Bennett, Chris Barton, Dan Pollack, Ilir Zenku, Ateeq Rahman, Lalo Camacho, Heather O’Leary, Daniel Paz-Horta

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • Digital Accessibility
      • Will be presenting at the IT Pro Forum
      • Still looking for a new co-chair
    • Digital Signage
      • Issues have been resolved
      • Working on package for ACCC services page
      • Working to create a per-building directory
    • Risk
      • Performed final review of the survey
    • Security Program
      • Pharmacy has taken over scheduling of quarterly meeting
      • Will resume meetings of UISOs
      • Looking for more members from the East Campus
      • Will be looking at UIC policy on policies website
      • Discussion of member expectations
    • Regional Sites
      • Have set a permanent, recurring meeting time
    • Web Tech Governance
      • Continuing projects set in February
  • New Business
    • HR Global Requirement
      • A memo was written to send to HR regarding degree requirements
      • Discussion of how to allow for H-1B visas if the degree requirement is removed and other consequences of changing requirements
      • Motion to approve the memo was approved
  • Old Business
    • Risk Management/Risk Assessment Proposals
      • The council has approved the proposals to go forward to the Provost, as well as ACCC, and HIPAA budget requests
    • Unified Communication
      • A presentation from Cisco to go over plan and costs is being planned for May
    • Shared Services
      • Endpoint Management
        • A requirements group and a technical design group were formed
        • Noted that as the group considers shared services, they should communicate with others at UIC and in Urbana to find solutions
        • Discussion on how new shared services would be governed
      • IT Investment Proposal Portfolio
        • Need to create a portfolio of future ideas for the shared services framework
  • Chair’s Reports
    • BAA for Box
      • The Box quota will be increased to unlimited storage on April 24th
      • The BAA for HIPAA compliance is still under negotiation
  • Group Discussion
    • Website Outage Tools
      • Engineering has VMs for WordPress sites
      • Discussion of services and fees
    • Public Wi-Fi
      • Dentistry would like to have public Wi-Fi for patients
      • Discussion on what a public Wi-Fi service would look like
      • Noted that there is risk involved with opening a network on campus
      • Discussion of Wi-Fi needs, potential funding options, and possible support issues
  • Announcements and Updates
    • iLeCT
      • Noted that iLeCT had a strengths finder workshop
      • It was requested that the group hold some events on the East side
      • Working with HR on professional development and a potential badging program
      • Noted that there will be a series of webinars from CEB coming up