InfraSec 02.08.17 Minutes

Attending:

Ed Zawacki, Lalo Camacho, Mike Kirda, Andre Pavkovic, Frank Cervone, Phil Reiter, Mark Goedert, Kevin Price, Matt Miller, Bala Ramaraju, Marcin Hiolski, Ateeq Rahman, Vinay Surpuriya, Therese Molina, Chris Barton, Gene Fruit, Heather O’Leary, Ashok Benet, Ilir Zenku, Jelene Crehan, Ernesto Reyna, Sandeep Dath, Chris Berndt

  • Subcommittee Reports
    • Digital Accessibility
      • Had first meeting of the year
      • Looking at evaluating different websites for accessibility
      • Noted that the group will work on a process for anyone who needs live captioning
    • Risk Management/Risk Assessment
      • New survey content was created and will be put into Qualtrics
    • Security Program
      • Working to reorganize meetings
      • Looking for new members
    • Regional Sites
      • ACCC visited Rockford
      • Follow up meeting topics included services provided to Rockford, potential shared services, sharing resources, and more
  • Old Business
    • IT Classification Advisory Board
      • Will be meeting soon, updates at next meeting
    • Burwood Report
      • Met with CDW
      • A meeting has been scheduled with ACCC to review the rest of the documents
  • Chair’s Report
    • IT Governance Council Recap
      • ITGC discussed FY18 proposals
      • There was a discussion at the council meeting on how to present proposals to the Provost
      • Suggested to create a document including all IT budget requests to allow the Provost to consider all needs at once
      • Each request will be categorized as critical infrastructure, service improvements, or new initiatives
      • The final document will be shared with the ITGC committee once complete
      • Discussion of ITGC reporting structure with some concerns about VCHA
      • Noted that once the VCAA receives the proposals, they would be shared with the VCHA
      • Noted that HIPAA requests are at the system level
  • Project and Service Updates
    • ACCC Project Updates
      • An update on the Exchange Online project was given
      • Need to complete by December 2017
    • Box Limits
      • Current limit is 50gb
      • Working on new contract with Box for unlimited storage
    • Ad Astra
      • Suggested that the people running Ad Astra would be coming to an upcoming meeting to present on the service
    • Symantec
      • Noted that the pilot has begun on a Symantec server with Nursing and VCAS
  • Announcements and Updates
    • New IT Auditor
      • A new IT auditor will be starting at the end of February
    • iLeCT Update
      • Have been meeting biweekly
      • Noted that there are a few upcoming events
      • Have met with HR to get more training to IT staff on campus
      • Some discussion on the IT job family model
      • HR will be presenting to the InfraSec committee in March
      • iLeCT will have an event to discuss the model with all IT staff
      • Eventually, a badging program could be mapped to the job families
    • Shared Project Management
      • Have had informal meetings to discuss how IT can be more efficient
      • Looking at the IT project management process
      • Looking to improve uniformity and sharing of project management resources
    • Shared Services – Endpoint
      • Followed up with UIUC on Big Fix and SCCM
      • Need to consider existing frameworks when looking at how to create shared services
      • UIUC will follow up with ACCC
      • Noted a need for further discussion in ITGC and ACCC
    • uic.edu
      • New UIC website platform is now available
    • AITS Services
      • There was an internal review followed by an external review of AITS and services offered
      • There will be a restructuring of AITS
      • Suggested that the universities might create a framework for sharing support
      • Noted that one service being restructured is information security
      • Suggested that whatever shared services is created must be fair and helpful to all universities
      • Discussion of how shared services should be created
  • Small Group Discussions
    • Intro/Breakouts
      • The committee broke into small groups to discuss Endpoint management, Data Security & Storage/Systems for High Risk Data, Servers & Storage, and Shared Services Framework
      • Discussion on how shared services could fit into the IT governance model
    • Report Back
      • Each small group reported back with their ideas
    • Final Discussion
      • Noted that there will be work done to bring a shared service model to UIC
      • Suggested a small group be put together to oversee the process
      • Discussion of Power Plant, their framework, and how to collaborate going forward