Admin 05.20.15 Minutes

Attending:

Mike Kamowski, Monica Tith, Mint Simagrai, Dick Harris, Kelly Block, Mary Berta, Jackie Kalan, John Fyfe, Linda Naru, Todd Van Neck, Dimuthu Tilakaratne, Tony Kerber, Dibyen Majumdar, Al Schorsch, Jackie Finch

  • Implementing Business Process Recommendations
    • Introduction
      • Members were asked to provide input on how to implement recommendations
      • Suggestion that recommendations are abstract, it might be helpful to apply them to specific projects
    • IT Priorities Committee Formal Process Review
      • Review will be part of IT Priorities Committee strategic plan, which will come up in August meeting
      • Admin Committee will work with Priorities Committee, provide input on process
      • ACCC/UIC specific processes still need to be considered separately
      • Implementation is important, but guidelines should be reviewed and accepted by community at large
    • Discussion
      • Discussion on proposal from Education Committee for submission of ideas for instructional technology services
      • Look at list of large projects, set subcommittees to review them
      • Discussion of crowdsourcing idea, what it would take to make it happen
      • Idea to create specific checklist of considerations at various stages of a project
      • Suggestion to start with design principles, communication, change management
    • Demo/Existing Projects
      • Demos could be presented to committee for feedback
      • Discussion of existing projects, which might be good for reviewing
      • Meeting scheduled to present a large number of projects to all ITGC committees
    • Discussion for Implementation/Recap
      • Discussion of various possibilities for implementing recommendations
      • Plan to send representatives to attend various parts of the proposal process—act as active participants
    • Potential Subcommittees
      • Creation of draft for several possible subcommittees to aid this process
  • Data Governance Committee
    • Concerns/Discussion
      • Suggestion that there is a lot of potential for overlap, creating conflict, and data is too big of an issue for one committee to manage
      • Discussion of data as an asset, intellectual property needs to be considered
      • General consensus is that the scope should be defined early