IT Governance Council 04.08.15 Minutes

Attending:

Terri Weaver, Phil Reiter, Michael Hites, Mary Case, Jason Maslanka, Ugo Buy, Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Dean Oyama, Ginny Schroeder, Heather O’Leary, Ilir Zenku

  • Rate & Funding
    • Discussion
      • Presentation on final stages of rate and funding for campus IT services
      • Discussion of centrally-supported services and self-sustaining services
      • Discussion of strategic plan roadmap
      • Discussion of costs to units, ways to cut costs, changes in budget for FY16
  • Data Governance Committee
    • Proposal
      • Need to keep track of data on campus (how it is stored, accessed, etc.)
      • Proposal being put together with purpose, vision, goals, membership, & charge
      • New committee would provide one place for all data concerns
      • Concern for overlap with other committees
      • New committee would have a strategic, policy-based focus
      • Suggestion to share proposal with all four committees, get input, & put to a vote
  • IT Governance Summit
    • Information
      • Governance from all three campuses attended
  • Committee Updates
    • InfraSec
      • Current focus for the IT Security Policy is how to get support and communicate efficiently to the campus
      • ACCC Service Catalog is being reviewed, next step is to include other committees, and determine which services should remain/be adjusted
      • Unified Communications group is looking at existing services and other licenses available to the campus
    • Education
      • Working on three projects with a goal of having final proposals in May
      • With creation of Center for Excellence in Contemporary Teaching & Learning, directions will have to be adjusted
      • Discussion of what is involved with projects
    • Research
      • Working to revise membership bylaws
      • Discussion of access to clinical data
      • Presentation on analysis of large data sets, members are looking at software available to campus
      • Group is looking at continued support for High Performance Computing Cluster
  • Chief Information Officer Updates
    • Identity Access Management
      • UIS is going live in a few weeks, with Urbana to follow in October
      • New policies will be put in place, including required password changes
      • Discussion on consequences of these changes, best way to communicate them to campus
    • Learning Management System Governance Board
      • Has been meeting, reviewing issues with Blackboard, & considering options
    • IT Pro Forum
      • On April 28, all members are encouraged to attend
    • Center for Excellence in Contemporary Teaching & Learning
      • Goal is to have a single place where all faculty can go to for assistance
      • Education committee in talks as to how to be involved in center going forward
    • Electronic Document Management
      • Working with Laserfiche to bring this to campus