InfraSec 03.11.15 Minutes

Attending:

Lisa Blake, Mike Kirda, Ed Zawacki, Craig Jackson, Therese Molina, Mat Willis, Chris Barton, Ron Fernandez, Jay Dean, Yilmaz Bal, Michael Yates, Chris from Rockford, Bala Ramaraju, Marcin Hiolski, Mark Goedert, Frank Cervone, Allen Randall, Brian Ng, Sandeep Dath, Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Phil Reiter, Kevin Shalla, Ernesto Reyna, Ashok Benet, Brent West, Ilir Zenku, Kevin Price, Jason Maslanka, Sarah Ritch

  • Rate & Funding
    • Updates
      • This is moving forward
      • Will be a change from paying for phones to paying for a basic bundle of services per Full Time Earnings
      • Discussion on what is included, how it will be approved, and general logistics
      • Presentation on network roadmap, timeline for wireless upgrade
      • Core upgrade is going ahead, plan will follow the building priority list
  • Security
    • Security Program
      • Policy rollout continues
      • Overview of College of Engineering’s struggle with implementing policy
      • Discussion of machine management, colleges being held responsible for policies, and how to better communicate policy requirements
    • IPSCC
      • Reviewing security training available on campus
      • Planning to take HIPAA training from hospital, and put in Blackboard to share with campus
      • Working to collect privacy policies from all colleges/units to create uniform, enterprise-wide policies
      • Separate policy is needed for the web privacy notice
    • Risk Assessment
      • Report has been completed
      • Group working to address two issues per meeting
  • Status Updates
    • Unified Communications and Automatic Call Distribution/Auto Attendant
      • Working to advance the conversation on Unified Communications
      • Imminent meeting to create a list of use cases
      • Presentation from Cisco on new web-based system
      • Discussion of costs, funding, what a final proposal would look like
    • Service Catalog
      • Working group looking at service catalog offerings from ACCC
      • Soon, work will focus on service creation/selection process
  • ACCC Updates
    • O365
      • Some issues solved, calendaring issues being fixed
      • April 3 will be start date for non-ACCC testers
      • Discussion of self-migration for departments already on Exchange
      • Target is to finish project at end of calendar year
    • SEP Server
      • Working to create proposal, will review with ACCC
    • Storage
      • Meeting with customers on Linux side, Windows is done
    • CrashPlan
      • Discussion of costs and benefits
    • Research Environment for High Risk Data
      • Research environment is going ahead
    • RAVE Campus Communicator
      • Starting with colleges/units out of scope, will expand from there
  • IT Governance Summit
    • Summit
      • Discussion on costs of services
      • Discussion of seed funding money made available to governance in Urbana
      • Discussion of how to create metrics to measure outcomes of ITGC proposals
      • Discussion of what Campus Information Technologies & Educational Services is doing to cut out services/work that do not add value