InfraSec 02.11.15 Minutes

Attending:

Lisa Blake, Julio Chavarria, Dan Pollack, Phil Reiter, Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Ron Fernandez, Kevin Shalla, Allen Randall, Mat Willis, Mark Goedert, Frank Cervone, Yilmaz Bal, Andre Pavkovic, Bala Ramaraju, Therese Molina, Craig Jackson, Sandeep Dath, Jason Maslanka, Mike Kirda, Ernesto Reyna, Jonathan Kupferer, Ed Zawacki, Chris Barton, Kevin Price, Heather O’Leary, Jay Dean

  • Security
    • IT Security Program kicked off on February 2
      • The Information Security and Compliance Committee is now a council
      • Working to track BAAs across the university
      • Report requested to gauge how accurate contract data is
      • All risk assessments have been finalized, group meeting to determine next steps
      • A list of start and finish dates for assessments will be created
  • Status Updates
    • Unified Communications & Automatic Call Distribution/Administration Accounts Systems
      • Met with Cisco, saw demos, learned more about Unified Communications
      • Concerns about Lync, potential of adoption
      • Discussions on ACD/AA with campus representatives, Telecom, and the hospital
      • Once more information is available, a proposal will be put together
    • Advising Needs & Administration Committee Collaboration
      • Discussion of advising calendar needs
      • Goal is to make advising systems more consistent for students
    • Wireless Challenges
      • Discussion of security problems, difficulties related to computers using wireless
      • Discussion on limitations of System Center Configuration Manager
      • Consideration of solutions such as VLAN, wireless authentication, etc.
    • Regions Subcommittee
      • Discussion of concept
      • Regional deans should be consulted
    • Service Catalog Kickoff Items
      • InfraSec would like to provide input on ACCC’s service catalog
      • Working to prioritize services
      • Determining how to get more ITGC participation by evaluating/ranking services
    • Current Identified IT Service and Training Needs
      • Concerns of VPN issues, status report on SCCM
  • ITGC Priorities and ACCC Updates
    • Email/Calendar/O365
      • Have been issues with configuration
      • More work to be done, some delay, but changes are being implemented now
    • Storage
      • Delay in migrating data due to network speeds in server room
      • Aiming for end of June to complete
    • CrashPlan
      • Working to get licenses in WebStore to make it easy for campus access
  • Budget Priorities and Goals
    • Information/Discussion
      • Asked to set goals and priorities for committee over next few months
      • Focus on state budget and how to preserve core IT services on campus
      • Governance should be setting policies, aligning IT to business, setting service direction, and focusing on delivery, not operations
      • Discussion of how governance should be involved in setting service priorities
      • Imminent meeting to discuss Symantec
      • Status update on SCP central server
      • Working on proposal for section added to ITGC proposal form on training